Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome to Habitum Clavis

For many years now, I have used the alias WieldtheKey for many sites. As time has passed and I have grown, the concept of keys has become an integral part of my life.

I have been asked the meaning of wield the key at times since its use began, and my answer has always remained the same:

In our lives, the key represents those things which free us (even momentarily) from the curse of this mortal world. As humans, we withstand a great deal of suffering and hardship.  Despite one's origins, upbringing, or living situation, each and every human being who has ever existed or will exist experiences the challenges that mortality and the curse of this world bring.  Each of us must strive to find the keys to the locks which bind our lives to suffering.  A key can be anything.  Anything that sets you free.

The intention of this blog is to describe to viewers one of the most significant keys in my life: Travel.  As of early June 2011, I will be embarking on a journey to Italy and Paris with my beloved Erik in order to seek the history and true beauty of this world. In this blog I will be describing my methods and processes for accomplishing this goal, so that others may realize that it is possible.

Is quisnam habitum clavis habitum vox. 
He who holds the keys holds the power.

Colleen

2 comments:

  1. So whats going on with your kickstarter project... It wad supposed to be out last summer right? I won't contact the other person since he never logs in. I'm just letting you know that you should say something so you dont lose any of your fans, unfortunately I personally have given up waiting for the book , and no longer want to follow your work ,I feel cheated ripped off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I apologize that the book has not made its way to you. However, it would have been more appropriate to address this issue by email instead of public forum. Also, I must stress that this situation is out of my hands, as the writer, Joel Depri, has been heading the project since the beginning and promised that the responsibility of mailing the Kickstarter rewards would be taken care of. I had little to no part in the Kickstarter business; it was simply my job to get the art done. Please do not harbor a bad feeling toward me because the head of the project is irresponsible. I have contacted him repeatedly since my part in the project has come to a close, and he is unresponsive at best. Again, I apologize and will continue to make efforts to reconcile his irresponsibility. If you wish to contact me further, do so by email. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete